Well here we are almost a month into the new year and generally this is the time when a lot of people have already begun to "fall off the wagon" from some of their primary New Year’s resolutions. If eating better and healthier was one of your resolutions here is a recipe that is both healthy and easy to prepare.
Low-Fat Ranch Cornflake Chicken
- 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast or tenderloin
- 1 ½ teaspoons low fat ranch dressing (or other low fat flavor)
- 3 tablespoons cornflake crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken should be thawed. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place dressing in a small bowl and place cornflake crumbs in small bowl or zip lock bag.
- Dip chicken into the dressing or, for a lighter touch, brush the dressing onto the chicken.
- Roll chicken in cornflake crumbs.
- Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper onto the chicken.
- Lightly oil a small pan or baking sheet and arrange chicken onto the tray. Bake uncovered in the oven until internal temperature is 165 degrees and the juices run clear when lightly poked with a fork or small knife.